African grey parrot
Northern saw-whet owl
Asian Glossy Starling
Northern Royal Albatross
Birds beginning with A
- These are species of tropical and subtropical Central and South America.
- This is a family of insect and seed-eating, ground-nesting birds that resemble partridges, but with featherless heads, though both members of the genus Guttera have a distinctive black crest, and the Vulturine Guineafowl has a downy brown patch on the nape.
- Megapodes do not incubate their eggs with their body heat as other birds do, but bury them.
- The Phasianidae is a family of birds which consists of the pheasants and partridges, and including the junglefowl , Old World quail, francolins, monals and peafowl.
- New World quails are generally short winged, necked and tailed .
Animal of the Day
Animal of the day
Pictures and facts of the order Galliformes