Eastern diamondback rattlesnake
Reptiles beginning with A
- The Chelidae are a family of freshwater reptiles commonly known as the Austro-American Side-necked Turtles or Snake-necked Turtles.
- The Emydidae are the largest and most diverse family of Testudines.
- Trionychidae is a taxonomic family which comprises a number of turtle genera commonly known as soft-shell turtles.
South American Yellowfoot Tortoise
- Tortoises or land turtles are land-dwelling reptiles of the family of Testudinidae, order Testudines.
Southeastasia Box Turtle
- Geoemydidae is the largest and most diverse family in the order Testudines with about 75 species.
- The superfamily Chelonioidea has a worldwide distribution; sea turtles can be found in all oceans except for the polar regions.
- There are two subspecies:
Alligator snapping turtle
- There are two extant species of the family Chelydridae: Chelydra serpentina, the Common Snapping Turtle, and its larger relative Macrochelys temminckii, the Alligator Snapping Turtle .
Sonoran mud turtle
- Kinosternidae is a family of mostly small turtles that includes the mud and musk turtles.
- Dermatemys species are fairly large turtles, attaining a maximum size of 65 cm in carapace length, and they can weigh in the range of 20 kg .
- Leatherback turtles follow the general sea turtle body plan of having a large, dorsoventrally flattened, round body with two pairs of very large flippers and a short tail.
Red-headed river turtle
Animal of the Day
Animal of the day
Pictures and facts of the order Testudines