Reptiles beginning with A
- Abronia martindelcampoi is an endangered arboreal alligator lizard described in 2003 by Flores and Sánchez.
- Abronia oaxacae is a vulnerable species of arboreal alligator lizard described in 1885 by Albert C.
- This species is classified as vulnerable on the IUCN Red List for the following criteria: B1+2c .
- Grows to a maximum length of 60 cm.
- Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, plantations , rural gardens, and heavily degraded former forest.
- The specific epithet for this animal was given by the describer in honour of his nephew, Alan Robb.
Aldabra Day Gecko
- The Abbott's Day Gecko, Aldabra Day Gecko, or Assumption Day Gecko is a species of lizard in the Gekkonidae family.
- The Algerian Wall Gecko is a species of lizard in the Gekkonidae family.
- It is listed as Critically Endangered under the IUCN Red List, and as Endangered on Queensland's Nature Conservation Act 1992.
- The American Alligator has a large, slightly rounded body, with thick limbs, a broad head, and a very powerful tail.
- Like all crocodilians, the American crocodile is a quadruped, with four short, splayed legs; a long, powerful tail; a scaly hide with rows of ossified scutes running down its back and tail.
American Redbelly Turtle
- It is endemic to the United States. The current range of the red-bellied turtle includes a colony in Massachusetts which was previously a separate species as well as the coastal areas of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina.
Anegada ground iguana
- The Anegada iguana is noted as the oldest species of Cyclura and the most genetically unique of the West Indies' rock iguanas.
- The Leeward Island Racer is a species of snake in the Colubridae family.
Annam Leaf Turtle
- The Vietnamese Pond Turtle or Annam Leaf Turtle is a species of turtle in the family Geoemydidae .
- The Antiguan Racer is a snake which belongs to the family Colubridae, which includes about half of the world's known snake species.
Arakan forest turtle
- The Arakan Forest Turtle was believed extinct , but in 1994 was rediscovered when a few specimens turned up in Asian food markets.
Aran rock lizard
- The Pyrenean Rock Lizard is a lizard species in the family Lacertidae.
- Arizona elegans is a small colubrid snake commonly referred to as the glossy snake.
- Darevskia armeniaca is native to North-Eastern Turkey, Northern and North-Western Armenia, Southern Georgia and Western Azerbaijan.
- The Asian Giant Softshell Turtle is a species of softshell turtle in the Trionychidae family.
- Grows to an average length of 60-65 cm.
- Its natural habitats are temperate forests, temperate shrubland, Mediterranean-type shrubby vegetation, rocky areas, rocky shores, sandy shores, arable land, pastureland, and rural gardens.