Saltwater aquarium fish
False clown anemonefish
Great white shark
Pacific sleeper shark
Fish beginning with A
- The waspfishes are a family, the Tetrarogidae, of scorpaeniform fishes native to the Indian Ocean and the West Pacific.
- The deep-water sculpins are a small family, Abyssocottidae, of sculpins that are almost entirely restricted to Lake Baikal in Siberia, most of them living at depths below 170 m.
- Snailfishes are scorpaeniform marine fish of the family Liparidae.
- Little velvetfishes or simply velvetfishes are a family, the Aploactinidae, of scorpaeniform fishes.
- Sebastidae is a family of marine fish in the order Scorpaeniformes.
- Australian prowfishes are a family, Pataecidae, of scorpaeniform fishes.
- The poachers are a family of small bottom-dwelling cold-water marine fish.
- Sculpins are a family of fish that make up the Cottidae in the Order Scorpaeniformes.
- Congiopodidae is a family of scorpaeniform fishes native to the southern hemisphere, commonly known as pigfishes, horsefishes and racehorses.
- Platycephalidae is a family of marine fishes, most commonly referred to as flatheads.
- The fish family Psychrolutidae contains the fatheads or fathead sculpins, including the blobfishes.
- The sablefishes are a family, Anoplopomatidae, of scorpaeniform fishes.
- Apistidae is a family of fish that includes the waspfishes.
- Lumpsuckers or lumpfish are mostly small scorpaeniform marine fish of the family Cyclopteridae.
- Sea robins are bottom-feeding scorpaeniform fishes in the family Triglidae.
- Bathylutichthys taranetzi is the only member of the fish family Bathylutichthyidae and the only species in the Bathylutichthys genus.
- Baikal sculpins, , are a family of scorpaeniform fishes.
- The Deep-water flatheads are a family, the Bembridae, of bottom-dwelling fish.
- Sea ravens are a family, Hemitripteridae of scorpaeniform fishes.
- The coral crouchers, or orbicular velvetfishes, are a family, the Caracanthidae, of Scorpaeniform fishes.
- See text.
- Golomyankas have a naked, glassy body that is dull and translucent in appearance.
Spotwing flying gurnard
- The flying gurnards are a family, Dactylopteridae, of marine fish notable for their greatly enlarged pectoral fins.
- Setarchidae is a small family of scorpionfishes.
- Ereuniidae is a family of scorpaeniform fishes.
- The armored searobins, or armored gurnards are a family, Peristediidae, of scorpaeniform fishes.
- This fish is red all over, and instead of scales, its skin is covered with small tubercles, hence its name.
- The family of marine fishes Hexagrammidae incorporates the greenlings.
Gilbert's spiny flathead
- Hoplichthyidae is a family of scorpaeniform fishes native to the Indo-Pacific Oceans, commonly known as ghost flatheads.
- Normanichthys crockeri is a ray-finned fish, the only member of the Normanichthyidae family.
- The grunt sculpin or grunt-fish, Rhamphocottus richardsonii, is the only member of the fish family Rhamphocottidae.
Pictures and facts of the order Scorpaeniformes