Saltwater aquarium fish
False clown anemonefish
Great white shark
Pacific sleeper shark
Fish beginning with A
- Slickheads or nakedheads are a family, Alepocephalidae, of osmeriform fishes.
- Smelts – more precisely freshwater smelts or typical smelts to distinguish them from the related Argentinidae, Bathylagidae and Retropinnidae – are a family of small fish, Osmeridae, found in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- The Galaxiids are a family of mostly small freshwater fish.
- The herring smelts or argentines are a family, Argentinidae, of osmeriform fishes.
- The tubeshoulders are a family, the Platytroctidae, of marine osmeriform fishes.
- The deep-sea smelts are a family, Bathylagidae, of osmeriform fishes.
- Barreleyes, also known as spookfish , are small, unusual-looking deep-sea osmeriform fish comprising the family Opisthoproctidae.
- Icefishes or noodlefishes are a family, the Salangidae, of osmeriform fish, related to the smelts.
- The species is small, females measuring up to 7 cm in length, its body is slender, elongate and cylindrical.
- Microstomatidae is a family of osmeriform fishes.
- The name "sweetfish" is due to the sweetness of its flesh.
- Retropinnidae is a family of bony fish that contains the southern hemisphere smelts and graylings.
Pictures and facts of the order Osmeriformes