Species in this order typically have the following characteristics, although there are exceptions to all of them:
Families in the order Scrophulariales of plants
- The family Acanthaceae is a taxon of dicotyledonous flowering plants containing almost 250 genera and about 2500 species.
- Gesneriaceae is a family of flowering plants consisting of ca.
- The Bignoniaceae, or Trumpet Creeper Family, is a family of flowering plants comprising about 650-750 species in 116-120 genera.
- Scrophulariaceae, the figwort family, is a family of flowering plants.
- Adenoplea Radlk. Adenoplusia Radlk. Buddleia L. Chilianthus Burch.
- The Oleaceae, or olive family, is a plant family containing 24 extant genera and around 600 species of mesophytic shrubs, trees and occasionally vines.
- Myoporaceae is a family of plants, found mostly in Australia, which includes the following genera:
- Sesame is the source of sesame seeds.
© 2011 Plants