Malvales is the name of an order of flowering plants.
Families in the order Malvales of plants
- Malvaceae, or the mallow family, is a family of flowering plants containing over 200 genera with close to 2,300 species.
- As traditionally circumscribed the Sterculiaceae, Malvaceae, Bombacaceae, and Tiliaceae comprise the "core Malvales" of the Cronquist system and the close relationship among these families is generally recognized.
- Bombacaceae is a family of flowering plants or Angiospermae included within Malvales order.
- All through its existence the family has had a very lively history, with various authors taking very different views on what should be part of this family.
- Elaeaocarpaceae is a family of flowering plants.
- The Sarcolaenaceae are a family of flowering plants endemic to Madagascar.
© 2011 Plants