Violales is a botanical name of an order of flowering plants and takes its name from the included family Violaceae.
Families in the order Violales of plants
- Passifloraceae is a family of flowering plants, containing about 530 species classified in around 18 genera.
- Huaceae is a family of plant in the rosids group, which has been classed in the orders Malpighiales, Malvales, and Violales or in its own order Huales.
- Older classifications such as the Cronquist system placed Violaceae in an order named after it, the Violales.
- Ancistrocladaceae is the botanical name for a family of flowering plants.
- Flacourtiaceae is a defunct family of flowering plants whose former members have been scattered to various other families, mostly to Achariaceae, Samydaceae, and Salicaceae.
- Begoniaceae is a family of flowering plants with about 1400 species occurring in the subtropics and tropics of both the New World and Old World.
- Caricaceae is a family of flowering plants in the order Brassicales, native to tropical regions of Central and South America and Africa.
- Cochlospermaceae is a family of two genera and 20-25 species of trees and shrubs.
- Most of the plants in this family are annual vines but there are also woody lianas, thorny shrubs, and trees .
- Frankeniaceae is the botanical name for a family of flowering plants.
- The Cistaceae is a small family of plants known for its beautiful shrubs, which are profusely covered by flowers at the time of blossom.
- Waits Numi Meaning: Waits = unknown, numi = tree or shrub Language: Shuar, Shuar Indigenous people, Eastern Ecuador.
- The Loasaceae is a family of 15-20 genera and about 200-260 species of flowering plants in the order Cornales, native to the Americas and Africa.
- Datiscaceae are slim herbaceous plants, with alternate and pennate leaves.
- Tamaricaceae is a flowering plant family containing four genera.
- The genera typically included in this family are:
© 2011 Plants