The Geraniales are a small order of flowering plants, included within the rosid subgroup of dicotyledons.
Families in the order Geraniales of plants
- The Oxalidaceae, or wood sorrel family, is a small family of eight genera of herbaceous plants, shrubs and small trees, with the great majority of the 900 species in the genus Oxalis .
- Dirachma is the sole genus of the family Dirachmaceae.
- There are around 800 species in the family, distributed in from 7 to 10 genera, according to the database of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
- Balsaminaceae is a family of dicotyledonous plants, comprising two genera and 850+ species, all but one of which belong to the genus Impatiens.
- About 80 species, see text.
© 2011 Plants