Saltwater aquarium fish
False clown anemonefish
Great white shark
Pacific sleeper shark
Fish beginning with A
- Eagle rays feed on mollusks and crustaceans, crushing their shells with their flattened teeth, while devil and manta rays filter plankton from the water.
Tentacled butterfly ray
- The body of butterfly rays is flattened and surrounded by an extremely broad disc formed by the pectoral fins, which merge in front of the head.
- Skates have slow growth rates and, since they mature late, low reproductive rates.
Borneo leg skate
- They lack the dorsal denticles of other rays, hence their name, from Greek an- meaning "without", acantha meaning "thorn", and bathys meaning "deep".
- The guitarfish are a family, Rhinobatidae, of rays.
- The stingrays are a family—Dasyatidae—of rays, cartilaginous fishes related to sharks.
- The sixgill stingray, Hexatrygon bickelli, is an unusual species of deep-sea ray.
South American freshwater stingray
- River stingrays are Neotropical freshwater fishes of the Potamotrygonidae family .
- The deepwater stingray or giant stingaree, Plesiobatis daviesi, is a species of ray and the only species in the family Plesiobatidae.
- Urolophidae is a family of rays found in the Indo-Pacific, commonly known as the round stingrays or round rays.
- Urotrygonidae is a family of rays native to the tropical and warm temperate marine waters of the Americas, commonly referred to as the American round stingrays.
Pictures and facts of the order Rajiformes