Saltwater aquarium fish
False clown anemonefish
Great white shark
Pacific sleeper shark
Fish beginning with A
- Leftvents are small, deep-sea lophiiform fish comprising the family Linophrynidae.
- Frogfishes, family Antennariidae, are a type of anglerfish in the order Lophiiformes.
- The dreamers are a family, Oneirodidae, of deep-sea anglerfishes in the order Lophiiformes.
- Handfishes are anglerfishes in the genus Brachionichthys, the only genus in the family Brachionichthyidae.
- Double anglers are a family, Diceratiidae, of anglerfishes.
- Fanfins are a family, Caulophrynidae, of anglerfishes.
Horned lantern fish
- The horned lantern fish occurs in the Pacific Ocean from Baja California south to the Marquesas Islands and the Gulf of California.
- Ceratias Cryptopsaras See text for species.
- Coffinfish are a family, Chaunacidae, of deep-sea anglerfishes.
- Ogcocephalidae is a family of bottom-dwelling, specially adapted fish.
- The Whipnose anglers, Gigantactinidae, are a family of deep-sea anglerfishes.
- As in other deep-sea anglerfish families, sexual dimorphism is extreme: the largest females may exceed lengths of 60 cm and are globose in shape, whereas males do not exceed 4 cm as adults and are comparatively fusiform.
- Wonderfish are a small family of deep-sea anglerfishes, Thaumatichthyidae; their common name is a literal translation of Thaumatichthys, the type genus.
- Lophichthys boschmai, is a species of anglerfish, closely related to the frogfishes.
- Goosefishes are a family, Lophiidae, of anglerfishes.
- Black seadevils are small, deep-sea lophiiform fish comprising the family Melanocetidae.
- Adult female toothed seadevils have slender, elongate bodies up to 11 centimetres long.
- The four-armed frogfish, Tetrabrachium ocellatum, is a species of anglerfish, closely related to the true frogfishes.
Pictures and facts of the order Lophiiformes